6.07.2010

Court Date Change AGAIN!

Yes, Natalie called today with the news that our court date got changed AGAIN! It was May 24th the first time. Then got moved to June 16th because MOWA did not form their opinion. Now they had to move it again because June 16th is a holiday in Ethiopia and the courts are closed. So our new court date is June 23rd!

This has been the hardest part of the journey for me. I just cried when I got off the phone with Natalie. I just want to pass court at this point so it is final. Then I can just focus on traveling. I have been more emotional this past month then ever in the process. Our whole adoption process has gone so smoothly. And this is just a little set back. Some of you might just say, "it's only one week difference", but one week seems like a long time when you are waiting to see if these two beautiful babies will be Kingsburys!

Keep praying for us to pass court! We will keep you posted! It's all in HIS timing!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry - I know how hard every single day of waiting can be. I hope the 23rd brings good news for you and your family. Rebecca K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! My friend Natasha sent me a link to your blog. I looked at your timeline and our timeline was almost exactly the same...a year ago! We got our referral on March 4, 2009, our first court date on May 21, 2009! It took many tries for us to pass court. We received almost daily updates from our caseworker (which was also Natalie) and I cried after every phone call. I feel your pain. I felt like everyday we didn't pass court was another day without my daughter. I just had to keep reminding myself that God's timing is better than mine :o) We met our beautiful daughter on June 22, 2009! I can't hear the good news that you have passed court!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear it's not happening on the 16th. And hoping the 23rd will be it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I know that must have been such hard news to hear. I think the beauty of this blog community is that we adoptive families really do understand what a difference a week makes. You are right in saying that it really is in God's timing, and He is trustworthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the 23rd will be your day!!! We are feeling the pain, too. We are currently waiting for court date #5! We had May 10th, May 25th, June 8th, June 10th and ??? It's hard, but we will all eventually make it.

    ReplyDelete