4.06.2010

We got THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!


Yes, we got our referral yesterday!!!!!! We got to see pictures of our kids for the first time. We have a new handsome 3 1/2 year old boy and a sweet beautiful little 5 month old baby girl! Yes, one of each! Perfect! This is exactly what Sophia and Silas have been praying for. He wanted another playmate and Sophia wanted a baby sister. God is so GOOD and FAITHFUL! It's so great when God shows our kids how faithful He is in answering their prayers.


Here is the story of how it happened yesterday... First let me start by saying that our whole family and church did a 10 day Daniel fast last week and it ended on Friday. A year and a half ago we did that same fast and that is when God confirmed in us to start the adoption process and so we did. So, this time doing the fast I was praying that we would get our phone call while we were fasting and praying. So when Friday came around I was a little sad, but still knew God had the perfect time. And He sure did. It's just like God to wait until Monday to bless us with the call. He is so faithful.


So, I was at work and was finishing up for the day. It was 2pm. I saw Scott walk in the door to my classroom and I asked him what he was doing there. He never comes to my work at that time of day. He paused and then said, "Are you ready to meet our kids?" I just fell apart and cried! I was shaking so bad and crying so hard that everyone at work was wondering what was going on. Most of them knew right away. I think everyone in the gym heard me! Mrs. P (my boss) was there and in the the middle of my excitement and tears I asked her if I could go. So, Scott and I went to the church right away to call Natalie back. She said she was going to send the email with the pictures. Lots of our friends were in there with us during this time taking pictures and video. Natalie asked if we wanted to know the ages or just see the pictures. And about that time the email came through and we saw their beautiful faces for the first time! I fell apart again and couldn't believe we had one of each and that I had a baby! We accepted the referral right away! These were our kids!


Then we went right home because Sophia and Silas were just getting home from school. We couldn't wait to tell them. This is exactly what they have prayed for. So we sat them on the couch and pulled the pictures up on the computer. We said that we got the call and Silas jumped up and down and Sophia sat in shock and couldn't believe it. They saw the pictures of their new brother and sister and just fell in love. They are so proud to have them and can't wait to go to Ethiopia!


What an amazing experience that was. I am still on cloud nine today and can't stop looking at their pictures. They are perfect. Now we wait for the court date.

19 comments:

  1. I just happened across your blog at the right time it looks like. Congratulations. We hope that you get court date and pass quickly. Best of luck.

    The Ritzmanns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! These referral posts make me cry every time!

    Laura
    www.littlehoffman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS! Email me pics because we were in ET just a few weeks ago and I may have some. andrews.africabound@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I was just thinking today, "God, if we don't get our referral today please let someone else so I can celebrate with them!" God is so good and SO faithful! I'm thrilled for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got tears in my eyes! I'm soooo happy for you! God IS good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray, congratulations! If your boy is in house #4 I might have pictures for you. There is one little guy who is buddies with our boys and I am dying to find out who he is! You can email me at heidi.newcombe@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!! Congrats to your family!! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! Congrats. I love reading these stories of the Lord's faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!
    This is Natasha from church (www.perrymanadoption.com) and I have tears of joy for your family!
    Congratulations- we are so happy for you!
    Can't wait to follow your journey in country.
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU. WHAT A SURREAL MOMENT HUH? LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't stop looking at the pictures either. I can't believe I have two more BEAUTIFUL grandchildren! God knew all along who your children would be, so the timing was perfect, because now they're ready for you. Now the difficult wait begins until they can come home. I've never wished for the summer to go by quickly, but now.... hurry up!! I love ALL of you with my whole heart and I'm so proud and excited right now. God is so faithful. Love & huge hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMAZING!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, so happy for you all.

    Did you hear that we might be traveling to Korea by the end of April? We just found out. We are now waiting for her visa to be issued then we get the travel call. Our social worker thinks it will be before the end of April.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everyone! We are so thankful for all the prayers and donations we have already had. We can't wait to post the pictures. Thanks again!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, I don't know how I am just NOW coming to your blog. Remember us? We sat by you all at The Queen awhile back. :) CONGRATULATIONS on the referral! 2 cutie little ones! yay!

    We are both in the same boat now.. WAITING for our court dates! Ah!

    ReplyDelete